Friday, May 18, 2012

Summer, Summer, Summertime...

It's finally here.  The first day of summer vacation.  And I was wide awake at 5:00.  Seriously?  That's not even fair!  Especially not after all the mornings I had to drag my butt out of bed after mulitple reset alarms just to make it to work on time.  But here I am.

It's actually good that I went ahead and got up because I have my work cut out for me.  My house is in a state.  And no, Sheena, I don't mean how it normally looks.  It is much worse than that.  It would seem that having spent the last four weeks in almost constant motion on work things, I kind of forgot about my house.  And messy doesn't even begin to cover where we are.  So, I'm going to start with a deep cleaning and move on to some summer renovations that have needed to happen for some time, but now I have the time and resources (thank you, second job!) to do something about them.  Some of them are simple and some will require my dad or a lot of YouTube and Young House Love videos.  But I feel like good things are on the horizon for this old house.

I will be updating you on the changes I'm making this summer as we go along.  Last summer, it was my bedroom (which still needs a few minor touches) and this year it's my bathroom.  Mercifully, it's small and should only take a week or so once I get started.  But that's not the end of my big ideas...stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. have a great summer! I still have 22ish days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tackling my house, too. It's great to fling open the windows and get some spring air inside. Then, I see the paint jobs that need to be done, the scratched surfaces, etc. It's ongoing!
    If you need a break in your summer cleaning, come take a goofy quiz on my blog...you could win a simple, homemade gift. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer break already!? Lucky duck! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...