Monday, May 7, 2012

Whew!

I survived last week!  Everything went as planned and there were no surprises and I can't even begin to explain the relief I feel!  Another set of hurdles are done for the year, and there are only a few things (and days) left until summer vacation! 

Of course, this week and next are still plenty busy.  There are finals to give, the state track meet to attend, another class of 8th graders to graduate.  I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little bittersweet.  It's not like they go far in my district, and I see the high schoolers every day, but there are still some I will miss having in class.  But, onward and upward, I suppose.

One I thing I didn't survive very well was our Cinco de Derby party.  My spirit was willing, but my body was still exhausted from the staying up all night.  I did go (I'd bought a new outfit after all!), but I only made it an hour and a half until I was falling asleep at the table.  The rest of the weekend was all about taking it easy.  And I got to see my niece, the Divine Miss M, who I was missing terribly!  (Don't worry, baby, we won't go two weeks without seeing each other again for a long while!)

That's my weekend.  How was yours?  Tell me all about it in the comments!  (I really missed getting to visit with everyone last week!)

2 comments:

  1. I tended to potting indoor plants this weekend, in just another attempt to put off the great outdoor ones. I had so many plants in their original plastic cups just sitting in planters, but now they actually have more dirt to grow in! Hmmm....I didn't even really try to make that sound exciting. We tried a new burger joint...yeah I am going to quit right there! Sorry to hear your party dress didn't last longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. met you in the a to z challenge and came back for more =)
    we had a fun cinco party too, then baseball, baseball, baseball!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...