Monday, June 11, 2012

I Want Adventure In The Great Wild Somewhere!

So last week, my BFF from high school, Kristi Jo, sent a text asking if I had plans for the weekend.  And once she told me what we were going to do, I dropped any notion of a plan and packed my bags.  Where did we go?  Here's a blatant hint...


You got it!  We left Saturday morning to go to Nashville's CMA Music Festival! (If you follow me on Twitter...no really, take a minute and follow me if you don't....or on Instagram for that matter, you'd already know this!)  We got to our hotel, took the shuttle downtown, met up with friends, bought tickets on the street, and hit the ground running!  Twelve hours of music and fun and it was so worth every minute!  I'm going to talk more about it tomorrow after I get a chance to get my pictures sorted, but I see how people want to go the whole four days!  It was incredible!

If you are a country fan, you will probably recognize the acts we saw.  From the Riverfront to the Main Stage we saw:  Eden's Edge, Mel Tillis, Florida Georgia Line, Kenny Rogers, Hunter Hayes, Love and Theft, Little Big Town, Eric Church, Kip Moore, Faith Hill, and Luke Bryan!  We also met people from all over the world.  You think I'm exaggerating?


Our table buddies from supper had come to the Fest from Norway!  (Kristi and Natalie met another couple in line from England!)  That certainly takes a little more planning than we did!  Nashville knows how to throw a party, ya'll!

I promise the rest of the story (and definitely more pictures!) tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. OMG - I was there too! my hubby and I got there Wedneday and went to the Awards Show in the Bridgestone & did the Fest through Saturday night. We went last year and LOVED IT, so came back! I saw the same acts - and it's funny, that you even mentioned the Riverfront stage acts we saw - so we were sitting on the grass together. I uploaded over 200 pics to my FB page. Want to see them? I'll "friend" you,
    Marla Fabian IT WAS AN AWESOME WEEKEND!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a place in my About Me tab to connect with my Facebook! I would love to see your pictures! (Mine aren't that great because I didn't want to lug my big camera around.) That's too funny that we could have been right by each other on Saturday and never known! It's such a small world!

      Delete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...