Thursday, July 19, 2012

Divine Appointments

You hear it all the time:  Everyone has a story.  Tonight, God reminded me of that in the best possible ways. I've said it before, but I am amazed at how willing most people are to share their stories if you just ask.  In fact, that's really all most people are waiting for.  I had not one, but two such conversations like that this evening.


One was with one of my GED students.  She's shared some of her story with me before, but tonight we had a chance to really talk.  I don't think she could have ever known what an inspiration she was to me.  I won't go into details, because this is neither the time nor place, but I've not faced a tenth of the struggles she has.  And through it all, she looked me square in the face and said, I know that God delivered me from where I was and that He will get me where I need to go.  If you have been around "church people" long enough, you've heard someone throw that around, but I could tell she meant it with everything that she has.  God had laid it on my heart to get to know her, to listen, and I am so thankful for what has transpired.


As if that wasn't enough, I stopped by to grab a paper from my grandma and we ended up talking for almost an hour.  We've had a million conversations, but she was in a mood to really share things, and without knowing, she encouraged me on my path.  And I made an appointment to visit her next week, so that I can get to work on gathering information for my genealogy project.  


Have you ever had a divine appointment, a situation or a conversation that you know was a gift from God to your soul?  Isn't it just amazing how a little interaction can change you?  If you can, I would love to hear your thoughts on this in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...