Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 8/8

 

1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here . Your thoughts?

I'm all for choosing a healthy lifestyle.  That said, I also believe that we don't need government to establish laws for every facet of our lives.  Some things are just not their business.  And sometimes, you just really need a Route 44 Cherry Limeade no matter how many calories are involved.

2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?

Music.  There are so many really amazing ones, but I just want to make sure that it isn't one that requires me to camp out like some hippie.  I've said it before and I will say it over and over and over again, my people don't camp.   (But God bless you if your people do!)

3. What are you irrational about?

HA!  I'm irrational pretty much all the time about something.  Once I get keyed up, I will create the most ridiculous worse-case scenarios I can dream up, and proceed to freak out as if they are actually happening to me.  When I said that I needed Psalm 27 as my life verse, I wasn't kidding.

4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?

Not if my state's politicians won't keep their hands out of the retirement system!  I do not what to teach middle school until I am 80!!

5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)

I loved the Fab Five (or Fierce Five, as some have said), Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin winning gold and Oscar Pistorius.  I have a new favorite every day it seems.  But the moment that really stood out to me was Jessica Ennis coming across the line at the heptathlon.  Her joy was evident, and to win in front of her home country...it just really moved me!

6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?

Right now, all of them.  Living out of my living room is not doing much for my cleanliness.  Not that it's ever really that clean around here...

7. Do you follow your heart or your head?

My heart tends to take off running and my head usually has to catch up.  Sometimes neither of them are that great with the decision-making skills.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Do you watch Bunheads?  Because seriously, I am a little in love with it.  Amy Sherman-Palladino makes me love Paradise almost as much as Stars Hollow.  Stacy Oristano (Mindy from FNL) is so funny!  And Sutton Foster?  She's my Broadway hero.  Need proof?


LOVE her!  And if all of that wasn't enough, there are so many of the actors I adored in Stars Hollow popping up in Paradise too!  Kelly Bishop's character, Fannie, would make Emily Gilmore lose her mind!  With each new episode, I think "This was the best one!"  I know a few of you have been watching too.  Thoughts?  Opinions?

6 comments:

  1. I believe the NYC law is crazy. People who really want more than a 16 oz "sugary" drink will but two 12'ers if they want it bad enough. Bloomberg is whack and I really don't see him with another term. Too, the nutbag is now going after guns. What's next, a 4-week approved international menu that all New Yorkers will have to abide by or face jail time?

    By the way, as a teacher, I concur. I want to retire when I hit 40. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloomberg is crazy, but there are many people who think what he's doing is just great. I don't agree, but I also live a long way from NYC.

      And I'm totally with you on the retirement age! :)

      Delete
  2. Jessica Ennis-I need her picture in front of me on the treadmill. I have serious ab envy. Hers must be the best in the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you think of all of the disciplines you have to master to compete in her event, it's no wonder! And she just seemed so genuine in all of the interviews, as well.

      Delete
  3. Popped in from the Hodgepodge ~ BTW what is a Bunhead?

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I LOVE Bunheads! My fiance and I watch it every week together and we both adore it!! You're so right.. it only gets better with each episode! I think Truly is my favorite character, but they're all so great! Boo, Michelle, even Sasha! I can't get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...