Thursday, January 17, 2013

Avoidance Behaviors or Why I'm Finally Writing About The Golden Globes

If you follow me on Twitter, you already know that I was watching the Golden Globes with baited breath.  Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are my she-roes.  I think they are the funniest, smartest, all-around best women writing and performing comedy out there.  And the opening to the Globes proved why.

That James Cameron joke?  Priceless.  Only thing funnier is when they announced the Television Actress in a Comedy nominees and cut to Amy Poehler sitting on Clooney's lap, drinking champagne and whispering.  I would lose a million awards if I could lose them while sitting on George's lap.  The show moved at a good pace, had a nice mix of happy and sweet with a little bit of crazy in there, and overall was a lot of fun to watch.  I think that overall the awards went to the right people (though I think Homeland is overrated and I haven't seen many of the big movies nominated because Hollywood doesn't seem to come to the boondocks).  Adele's speech was so adorable.  (I just really feel like we could be great friends.  She's a broad like the rest of my Chicks!)  I was thrilled for Ben Affleck.  I think he was robbed by the Academy for not being nominated for an Oscar.  (I have loved him since Good Will Hunting, even when he went through his awkward phase and was dating JLo, because that's what truly loving someone is all about.)  I thought Jennifer Lawrence's speech was funny, and it wasn't her fault if you didn't get the "I beat Meryl" joke.  And, bless her heart, I think Jodie Foster's speech was probably really together when she was practicing it in the bathroom mirror, but she got a little off point on stage.  And I am irrationally happy for Jessica Chastain, who I loved from the moment she bounced on-screen in The Help and then promptly broke all of our hearts with that scene in the garden.  (But I didn't really love her dress.)  

Which brings me to my final topic...fashion.  It seemed like everyone was either sedate yet sparkly or red.  I wished there had been a little more color variation.  However, there were some very lovely dresses.  (Nope, not JLo's.  There's classy lace and trashy lace and I'm pretty sure I know where her's fell.)  I loved the dresses Tina and Amy wore in the opening.  But I really think my favorite dress of the night was the date of a nominee (her sister, Zooey) and actress in her own right, Emily Deschanel.  (You can see it here.)  I don't know why I love it so, I just do!  Also really loved Adele's.  (You can see it here, as well as JLo's and Taylor Swift's, which felt a little too prom for me.)

Thoughts?  Feelings?  Wondering about why it took me so long to get this down?  Are you ready for the Oscars, The Golden Globes stuffy, snotty older sister who won't share her clothes?  Tell me about it in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...