Thursday, January 3, 2013

One More Thing

I am doing one thing again this year---I'm back to trying to lose weight.  I know that this is only in the 973rd time I've started trying to lose weight on this blog.  To say I've been mildly unsuccessful seems like a bit of an understatement, as well.  Every time I get all geared up and make a big deal of how I'm going to lose weight, and it last about two weeks then it's over.  My resolve is gone and back where I started or worse.

So, I will not be making a big deal about it this time.  I'm back on Weight Watchers and I found this additional site to be a big help. I'm trying to exercise as I can.  I'm going to be all about the little victories and whatever happens, happens.  Maybe taking that approach will do the trick.  I will probably post about it from time to time, but I'm having a hard enough time just blogging, so it will not be a regular thing.  (No worries about me becoming one of those crazy fitness bloggers, even if I am wildly successful that's just not my thing.)

My weight has never really been a big concern for me. I know that I'm not healthy at this weight, but I don't suffer from body image issues, thankfully. Never really have.  But what it amounts to is that I love myself enough to want better than where I currently am.  So let's go, 2013.  Maybe this will be my year.

6 comments:

  1. I think that's great, weight to me is a health issue, more than an aesthetic issue. I think working out is a big part of that because when it comes right down to it, losing weight is a number's game, calories in calories out. If you use more calories than you consume, you will lose weight, it's that easy, but you do have to get active or your body's metabolism will shut down and you will never lose weight, that is why dieting alone does not work. Sorry, that's the science teacher in me coming out. Keep us posted, nothing more exciting than somebody who wins the battle against weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Health is my primary concern. That's part of why Weight Watchers works well for me. Since I'm not a cook and oddly picky about some foods, I don't have to eat anything special. It also makes me more conscious of what goes in my body and curbs mindless snacking, to which I am prone.

      I'm still getting back on school schedule again, but I am looking forward to introducing a regular exercise regimen soon. I will certainly keep everyone posted. I'm thinking probably monthly (since I started at the first of this month).

      Delete
  2. You can do it!!! Wishing you all the best with your endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually pretty excited about it, even if I do get a little cranky about it now and again.

      Delete
  3. I am right there with you! I have been checking into WW, but am trying to decide if I can afford it...we shall see. I have some of my old books, so I just might start using those...You go girl...I know it is a never ending battle...so it seems. I look forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that weight control and fitness is all about being healthy! Katie, you are still young so health issues haven't hit you yet, but believe ME, they eventually do. Drat. I'm in my 50's and know more than ever that being active and eating right are important for feeling good and living a happy life. My new year's resolution (I made 2 this year) is to do something physically active EACH day. Exercise yes, but sometimes just a nice walk, or vigorous cleaning counts too. Mix it up. Or, it WILL get boring and then I will stop. Wish me luck - and I wish YOU luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...