Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 19: What I Miss

This one might be the easiest to write of any of this month's prompts.  I miss singing with my girls.  Crys, Sheena and I sang together in a ministry for the largest part of ten years.  I realize now that it was just a precious season, a moment in our journeys, but I'm not sure a day has gone by since that I don't miss it.

And it's not just because we were good.  (And we were.)  And it's not just because I miss having those women by my side every single Sunday.  (Though I do.)  I miss worshiping through music like that.  Of course, music has always been my preferred form of worship, but there was something so powerful when God worked in our cord of three.

We rarely know the good old days while we are living them.  But if I could I would go back and do all of the years we sang together again.  Even if it meant reliving the not-so-great moments.  Because the great ones?  They were worth it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...