Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 3: My Favorite TV Show

This is almost as bad as the music question.  I love television.  I always have.  I was raised in a home that watched shows together and discussed shows together, and my mother will completely hang up on you to this day when her favorite shows come on.  Ask me how I know.  So, it's hard for me to pick just one favorite, which means, of course, I won't.

My all-time favorite show is Gilmore Girls.  I have seen every single episode more times than I care to count.   I want to live in Stars Hollow, CT.  And yes, I realize it's not a real place.  My second favorite would be Designing Women, up to the fifth season, when all of the original actresses started to leave.  I wanted to be a Julia, but I'm probably somewhere between Mary Jo and Suzanne.  Lately, the show that I have been into is The West Wing.  I somehow missed this show the first time around, and now I've binge watched 65 episodes since Tuesday.  The dialogue is so crisp and I feel like I'm actually a little smarter for having watched it.  I also really loved Friday Night Lights.  Tim Riggins--that is all.

As far as shows that are on right now, my two favorites are Parenthood and Scandal.  I'm a little upset that they are on at the same time next year, in fact.  While there are several shows that I like (The Big Bang Theory being a major one), these are the two shows that I want to watch live.  I've been a Parenthood fan since the beginning, but this last season was just incredible.  If Monica Potter isn't nominated for every award she's eligible for, I'm going to be very upset.  It's real and heartfelt and it makes me cry nearly every week, and I love it with all my heart.  It couldn't be more different from my other favorite, Scandal, which I have also watched from the beginning.  I'm a Shonda Rimes fan anyway, but this show is something that a lot of television isn't these days--surprising.  It has twists and turns and it makes you want to watch.  Plus, it blows up Twitter every Thursday night.  (An honorable mention goes to Hart of Dixie, which is sweet and simple.  And has the delicious Scott Porter from Friday Night Lights.)

If you are playing along, make sure to link up!  Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I just started watching Parenthood on Netflix. I like it alot! I have seen all of Gilmore Girls and have to say that I would love to live in their town, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just not dependable enough to watch a series on TV, but there are some that I watch on Amazon. I did watch all of Star Trek The Next Generation and Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I have liked Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother when I've seen them, but I just don't remember to watch again...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...