Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 8: Where I've Traveled

Sorry today's post is up late.  When I went to finish it this morning my internet was down.  But now we are back up and operational, so let's get started!

We always took vacations when I was a kid, and I've even been able to take a few on my own.  I love the adventure of going new places or seeing new things, but my heart is always one place--the beach.  I've said it before on this blog, but I just know that I am my best self when I'm at the ocean.  Growing up, we would go with my mom's side of the family to Daytona Beach, where there would be a big reunion of families that met there since my mom was a kid.  We didn't go every year, usually every five or so, but it just seemed like everyone was so much happier when we were all together at ocean.

My first time in the ocean at 18 months

Matching swimsuits--a cousin must!

I mean, aren't those some happy looking people?

At the ocean, I love to get up early so I don't miss the sunrise and wait every evening for the sunset.  I'm much better at sitting still when I'm laying on a towel in the sand.  For a girl from the Midwest, it's strange to say, but I really feel like my heart is at the ocean.  It's been almost two years since I was last on a trip there and I'm really missing the sand everywhere and the salt water breeze. I'm hoping to remedy that this fall, but if I don't, next summer--it's on!

My beach buddy, Amber and me

Bonus ocean shot!

2 comments:

  1. For me, it's the mountains. They feel like home to me. However, I really loved my time in Florida at the Gulf Coast. It's one of my favorite vacations. Love the cutie pics of you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Classic Katie" pics! I love watching the sunrise over the ocean. When we were at the Outer Banks last June we had three opportunities and but was cloudy every day. :( (sniff) I love that polka dot 2-piece! (I'm a big polka dot fan)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...