Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 6/26

If you are looking for today's 30 Day Challenge, just scroll down!  It's already posted, as well.


1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings...are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?

I actually don't have any of those things in my plans for the next couple of months . As I've mentioned, the next big family wedding isn't until March.  I've had summers that seemed like wall-to-wall weddings, but 2013 doesn't appear to be one of them.


2. June is National Iced Tea Month...are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavored, etc)? 

I live just far enough south that sweet tea is a staple.  I love it with all of my heart, but have really been trying to drink more water and less tea/soda.


3. When were you last nervous?  Looking back, was the 'event' actually nerve-worthy?

I'm socially awkward and a bit of a control freak, so I'm nervous in most unfamiliar social situations over which I have little control.  It's an awesome trait to have, trust me.  And typically, after the fact, I see that there wasn't really anything to be nervous about.  But that's way after the fact, usually.


4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498...not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you're headed to the dentist?  Do you see your dentist twice a year?

I don't always see my dentist twice a year, but I, oddly enough, don't have anxiety about going to the dentist.  I never really did.  I think it probably has something to do with a fact that I don't really have sensitive teeth.  Though I've had fillings before, I never even needed Novocaine until I had teeth pulled for braces in my teens.  


5. What's making news in your town this week?

My high school PE teacher recently passed away at a relatively young age.  That's been pretty big news.  


6. Curtains, drapes, blinds...your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you haven't gotten around to covering them? 

My house has a lot of windows.  Most have sheers or curtains.  A few have blinds.  The ones that are completely uncovered are by choice.  Part of my plans for my enclosed porch include new window treatments of some sort.


7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)...what one song is a must-have on your summer playlist?

Oh, Joyce!  You know how hard it is for me to just pick one song!  I'm going to try to play along, though.  Recently, I've really been enjoying is "Next To Me" by Emeli Sande.  I love her voice, the beat, everything. 


8.  Insert your own random thought here.  

My summer break is almost halfway over.  And while that certainly makes me a little sad, I'm excited to think of all the potential adventures to come.  You just never know what might come your way!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I know that song...off to listen now : ) Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Emeli Sande. Think she was like the soundtrack to last year's Olympics! And she's from Scotland too. Bonus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo I love iced tea- especially lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an unsweetened tea drinker. My husband, who spent a lot of his years growing up in Alabama, says, "What's the point? Just drink water then." Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...